Monday, May 24, 2010

Best Chocolate Truffle Recipe


I know it’s a big call but I think I’ve got this right. You want to know it don’t you? If your answer is yes then you can classify yourself as a self confessed chocolate chip cookie addict. A real life cookie monster. OK here it is:

The Recipe

1/4 cup brown sugar
1/8 cup honey
1/8 cup butter
1/8 cup natural peanut butter
1/2 banana, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
5/8 cup whole wheat flour
1/8 cup oat bran
1/2 cup rolled oats
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon salt
1 pinch pumpkin pie spice
1/2 cup dried cranberries
1/2 cup semisweet chocolate chips
2 tablespoons sunflower seeds

DIRECTIONS:
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).

In a medium bowl, mix together the brown sugar, honey, butter and peanut butter until smooth. Stir in the banana and vanilla. Combine the whole wheat flour, oat bran, oats, baking soda, salt and pumpkin pie spice in a separate bowl. Stir the dry ingredients into the wet ingredients until it forms a smooth dough. Mix in the cranberries, chocolate chips and sunflower seeds. Drop by spoonfuls onto an ungreased baking sheet.

Bake for 10 to 12 minutes in the preheated oven, until cookies are lightly browned at the edges.

Servings Per Recipe: 12

Although this chocolate chip cookie recipe is not the most basic, I have tried an awful lot before I settled on this one as my favorite. Try it I know you’ll agree. Drop me a line if you want to let me know how you found it. I’m always ready to consider improvements! You will note that I have used dark chocolate chips because I really have a preference for dark chocolate. My kids prefer a sweeter version but I reserve the above recipe as a secret adult one! Once I even made my own dark chocolate by using the very best ingredients I could find. I took a special chocolate making class where I learned the basics. (Yes I’m a real freak!), and then concocted the most exquisite chocolate imaginable then promptly ate most of them just keeping a few pieces which I used in the cookie mix above. It really complemented the cranberries. I have left out the chocolate making part as I think you will find equally good chips in the right stores.

Good luck and I hope you will join the ever increasing crowds of fans of this soon to be famous recipe.








No comments:

Post a Comment